7 Years - All Done

The Clutterbuck's of Taiwan have pretty much come to an end. We're packing up and moving back to New Zealand. One last Chinese New Year, the year of the dog, and we'll be home.

I guess that won't be the end of the Clutterbuck's of Taiwan story. My two boys are still Taiwanese, they will always carry that heritage with them. It may mean the death of another one of my blogs though, living in Taiwan. However, you never know, it may serve other purposes, especially a great link to my Chinese blog that I've just started. Expect to see a new blog on the horizon though, perhaps "Taiwanese Clutterbuck's in New Zealand" may be an apt title for a blog.

It's tough leaving Taiwan, especially after seven years. I have a career that I just love, but to be with my family and give them the kind of life and environment that they deserve, I will return to NZ. I've enough memories to last a lifetime, and I will alway treasure my time in Taiwan, especially my students. It's a hard thing to say goodbye to all those kids. Some of them I've known since they were born. I've taught whole families, even their mothers and fathers. Sad to say it, it will mean that a large number of students will stop coming to the language school. That's a really pity.

HEY, I just had a brainstorm, I am going to call a new blog, "Seven Years In Taiwan", sounds just like a movie, doesn't it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home